The blog invades China
More than half of Chinese office workers keep blogs.
SAN FRANCISCO (Business 2.0) - More than half of white-collar workers surveyed in China's four largest cities said they keep a blog. The No. 1 topic? Complaining about work. Six out of ten bloggers complain about the boss in their blogs. Wisely, many bloggers make their blogs anonymous or restrict access to friends only.
Microsoft's (Research) MSN Spaces is the most popular blog service among the office-blogger set because users can set entries so they can only be read by Hotmail contacts or members of their MSN Messenger buddy list.
"How Are Bloggers Different To Journalists?"
On Sunday I’m on an informal panel that has the brief to discuss the following question, which I thought I might as well open up here for some discussion. Here’s the session brief:
"In the US right now some of the most influential technology writers are not journalists, they’re bloggers. This session will look at how bloggers are different to journalists, what rules they play by and will look forward to how blogging threatens to change both the media and the public relations industries."
What do you think?